Our consolidated corporate citizenship efforts and continuous investment in the communities have impacted the lives of many across Malaysia.
We support the communities we operate in and empower them to make a positive difference for themselves. Central to this effort is our commitment to serving the needs of the poor and the disadvantaged where we continue to contribute millions (RM) in financial assistance to various charities and NGOs running community projects across the country. In addition to that, we have also been providing comfortable homes for the poor at almost all states in Malaysia.
Our continuous engagement with the local communities allow us to create programmes that are reflective of their needs, which include provision of healthcare and environmental protection. We work with various learning intitutions and schools in promoting opportunities for better education among the disadvantaged youths. Adidtionally, we continue to support capability-building programmes among the underserved communities, which enable them to learn, earn and grow their prospects for better lives.
Bank Islam employees support these efforts by becoming volunteers for AMAL-sponsored intitatives. They are also instrumental in proposing social projects and causes that they are passionate about, for us to evaluate and contribute to.
We are also committed to providing financial assistance and humanitarian aid in the event of natural disasters or any other crises that affect the communities.
Projek Bantuan Rumah
- Building and providing comfortable houses for the aged and needy since 2008
- RM8.35 million spent
- 283 families across Malaysia benefitted from the project
- 520 volunteers in 2018
- Fosters corporate citizenship and supports United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- 19 projects initiated nationwide in 1 day
- Creating entrepreneurs among the deprived and underprivileged communities
- Collaboration with Amanah Ikhtiar Malaysia in helping the asnaf men and women make their own living
- 92 beneficiaries in 2019 and 2018
Jom ke Sekolah